It would be an understatement to say we’re excited for all of you to finally kick off your adventures in Disney Dreamlight Valley. Well, the wait’s almost over – two weeks, to be exact! Whether you’re bringing your own personal magic to the Valley or exploring the Realms of some of your favorite Disney and Pixar characters, you’ll have no shortage of things to see and do when Early Access launches on September 6th.
Like any good story, though, that’s just the beginning! Over the course of our Early Access period, you can expect there to be multiple free updates which will add new characters and customization items, as well as new locales and stories to immerse yourself in. Of course, if you don’t see a character or world you love, fret not. There are surprises aplenty to be expected in both Early Access and beyond!
WHAT IS IN DAY 1 OF EARLY ACCESS?
Throughout development, it has been important to us that we deliver a Day 1 experience that’s as complete and enjoyable as any PC or console life-sim game. As you take your first steps in the Valley, all of the following will be available to discover:
Meet, befriend, and take on quests for a range of characters inspired by Mickey and Friends; Disney’s Frozen, The Little Mermaid, Moana, The Sword in the Stone, and Tangled; and Disney and Pixar’s Ratatouille and Wall•E!
In addition to shaping the Valley into your own magical home away from home, you’ll set off on a range of narrative-rich adventures with your favorite Disney and Pixar characters. As of Day 1, the main story of Disney Dreamlight Valley will take around 30+ hours to complete. If you then include all the individual character-focused story arcs outside of this main narrative, you can expect this to take around 70+ hours to complete.
All eight biomes in the Valley – including the four we’ve already revealed – will be available on Day 1 of the Early Access release. As you play, you will unlock them, giving you a chance to discover their secrets, collect crafting materials, harvest fruits and other cooking materials, garden, mine, fish, cook and try to tame all the animals living in the Valley!
As of the Early Access launch, you will be met with an ever-expanding collection of 1000+ furniture and decorations, as well as 1000+ clothing options celebrating a wide range of Disney and Pixar films, including Mickey and Friends; Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Frozen, Lilo and Stitch, The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Moana, The Sword in the Stone, Tangled, and Wreck-it Ralph; and Disney and Pixar’s Coco, Lightyear, Monster’s Inc, Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Wall•E, and Up!.
HOW TO PLAY THE EARLY ACCESS
Starting today, you can pre-order or wishlist on your preferred PC and Console platforms. Only by pre-ordering or purchasing any of the Founder’s Pack editions now or throughout the Early Access period, will you be granted access to the base game alongside a set of exclusive Founder’s rewards available only during the Early Access period that you will keep when the game launches free-to-play later in 2023.
If you have any questions about Early Access or monetization, we encourage you to visit our FAQ.
We hope you’ll join us starting September 6th! To celebrate the launch, we will be giving away two exclusive cosmetic items to all of our players who play the game during its first week!
WHAT IS COMING DURING EARLY ACCESS?
While you’ll already have a whole world (and multiple Disney and Pixar Realms) to explore on Day 1 of the Early Access. There’s even more magic on the way!
Over the course of Early Access (and beyond), we will continue to release new content as part of free updates which expand upon the world of Disney Dreamlight Valley. These updates will include the following:
- New narrative content for the main story and character-specific arcs.
- New Disney-Pixar Realms to travel to, explore, and unlock the secrets of.
- New customization items, from new outfits and motifs, to furniture and decorations.
- New characters to befriend, help out, and invite back to your Valley.
We’ll have more to share soon about the first of these updates, but are excited to share that Disney’s The Lion King and Disney and Pixar’s Toy Story will both be receiving substantial content updates during the first 2 updates of Early Access. Keep your eyes out for more info on this soon!
WHY IS DAY 1 OF EARLY ACCESS THE BEST MOMENT TO PLAY?
There’s a lot to chew on here with so much coming on Day 1, so you may be wondering if this is the right time for you to jump into Disney Dreamlight Valley. We hear you, so below we’ve broken down five reasons we think Day 1 is the perfect moment to start making your mark on the Valley!
1. Get the First Week Bonus! By playing the game at least once during the first week of Early Access, you’ll earn two special rewards: the Mickey Mouse Donut Headband and Choco Crocodile Animal Companion. Just look at the Choco Croc and tell us they aren’t the cutest!
2. Your voice matters! Over the course of Early Access and beyond, the feedback of the community will play an important role in shaping the game’s future. We want to know what you think, what works, and what could use further refinement.
3. Be among the first in the Valley! There’s something to be said for experiencing a magical new world for the first time. Begin shaping the Valley and designing your dream looks first.
4. Collect Star Path rewards! Our first Star Pass will launch on Day 1, so the earlier you join, the more time you have to complete quests and unlock the exciting and exclusive rewards it offers.
5. Secure your Founder’s rewards. The Founder’s Pack editions will only be available during Early Access, so don’t miss out on getting their exclusive cosmetic rewards.
LIVING MAGICALLY, TOGETHER
Our vision for Disney Dreamlight Valley has always been to be a game that will evolve with our fans and is played for years into the future. We want Disney Dreamlight Valley to be the Ultimate Disney and Pixar video game celebration where anyone can join and have fun spending time with all these iconic characters many people grow up with.
Phew! That was a lot! And that’s not even touching on the surprises we have in store for you. There’s a lot to be excited about in Disney Dreamlight Valley’s Early Access and we can’t wait to share more. Until next time, be sure to follow us on our social media channels to stay up to date with each new update, and if there’s a character or world you’d love to see added to the game in the future, let us know!
See you in the Valley (really *soon*)!